Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
1 tbsp mirin
20g miso paste
1 * 150g firm tofu
40g celery, trimmed
35g red onion
1 bird’s eye chili
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
50g kale, chopped
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- Pre-heat your over to 200C or gas mark 6.
- Cover a tray with baking parchment. Combine the mirin and miso
- Dice the tofu and coat it in the mirin-miso mixture in a resealable plastic
bag. Set aside to marinate. Chop the vegetables (except for the kale) at a
diagonal angle to produce long slices. Using a steamer, cook for the kale
for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Disperse the tofu across the lined tray and garnish with sesame seeds.
Roast for 20 minutes, or until caramelized. Rinse the buckwheat using
running water and a sieve. Add to a pan of boiling water alongside
turmeric and cook the buckwheat according to the packet Put the oil and
heat in a skillet over high heat. Toss in the vegetables, herbs and spices
then fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce to a medium heat and fry for a further 5 minutes or until cooked
but still crunchy.
NUTRITION: Calories 273 Fat 2 g Carbohydrates 12 g Protein 12 g Fiber 0
g Smart Points: 3