Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
8 beefsteak tomatoes
½ cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ cup whole wheat couscous, uncooked
1 ½ cups parsley, fresh & minced
2 scallions chopped
1/3 cup mint, fresh & minced
sea salt & black pepper to taste
4 teaspoons honey, raw
1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- Start by heating your oven at temperature 400 degrees. Take your
tomato and slice the top off each one before scooping the flesh out. Put
the tops flesh and seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Get out a baking dish before adding in a tablespoon of oil to grease it.
Place your tomatoes in the dish, and then cover your dish with foil.
- Now you will make your couscous while your tomatoes cook. Bring the
water to boil using a saucepan and then add the couscous in and cover.
Pull out from heat, and allow it to sit for five minutes. Fluff it with a
- Chop your tomato flesh and tops up, and then drain the excess water
using a colander. Measure a cup of your chopped tomatoes and place
them back in the mixing bowl. Mix with mint scallions, pepper, salt and
- Zest your lemon in the bowl, and then half the lemon. Squeeze the
lemon juice in, and mix well.
- Add your tomato mix to the couscous. Carefully pull out your tomatoes
from the oven and then divide your tabbouleh among your tomatoes.
Cover the pan with foil and then put it in the oven. Cook for another
eight to ten minutes. Your tomatoes should be firm but still tender.
- Drizzle with honey and top with almonds before serving.
NUTRITION: Calories 314 Protein 8 g Fat 15 g Carbohydrates 41 g Sodium
141mg Smart Points: 4